Tour the romantic castles and sweeping scenery that inspired Diana Galbaldon’s Outlander (Cross-stich) series in our escorted Outlander day tours. Now a popular TV programme, much of series 1 and 2 was filmed around Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Fife.
Our Outlander Tour will take you to many of the dramatic locations you’ll remember.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about available tour dates.
Our Outlander Tours are a fully customizable experience. There is no set itinerary. We take you to the all the places you would like to see as you follow in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire.
- Linlithgow Palace – ( Wentworth Prison)
- Doune Castle – (Castle Leoch)
- Royal Burgh of Culross – (Cranesmuir and Season 2)
- Falkland – 1940’s Inverness
- Hopetoun House – (The Duke of Sandringham’s home and Season 2 scenes)
- Blackness Castle – (The Garrison at Fort William)
- Bo’ness Heritage Railway – (1940’s Milford Train Station)
and Midhope Castle (Lallybroch) – when available
Our Outlander Day Tour includes transport and the personal attentions of an expert guide for a full day or more. Numbers are limited to 6 people only to ensure you fully enjoy your tour.
Come and share this exciting and special experience and soak up the romantic atmosphere of Scotland.
- This is a private tour but if you wish to share it we are happy to help to arrange that. –
- Numbers are limited to 6 guests so we can make the experience as special for you as possible.
- This tour is inspired by the Outlander series and is not endorsed in any other way supported by Starz or Diana Gabaldon.
- Pick-up and drop-off is in Linlithgow, the heart of Outlander filming locations. How do I get to Linlithgow?
- The day tour lasts 6-7 hours.
- Entrance fees and lunch are not included in the tour price.
Prices for a full day Private tour:
Our prices range from a group tour of 5-6 people to a truly exclusive tour of 1-2 people. The total cost for a day tour is:
1-2 guests £350 (£175 per person)
3-4 guests £390 (£97 per person)
5-6 guests £430 (£70 per person)
Shared Tours available –
Some of our guests are happy to share tours. Tours prices will be adjusted accordingly. Please note there is a £20 admin fee per booking for those joining the tour.
Current sharing tour dates are July 27th (2 spaces avail), August 20th (2 spaces avail), August 29th ( 2 spaces avail), August 30th (2 spaces avail). Please email Emma for more details.
Coming to Scotland for ScotCon? – We’ve created a two week itinerary of tours to suit everyone! Click here for details –
updated 23rd July 2016
Disclaimer: Mary’s Meanders Outlander Tour is inspired by Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels and the Starz TV series. It is not endorsed or in any other way supported by Starz or Diana Gabaldon.