If you’re enjoying Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels and the TV series starring Sam Heughan and Catriona Balfe, you’ll love our inspired by Outlander Tour around the romantic castles and sweeping scenery of Scotland.
Outlander Series 3, 2 and 1 have all been filmed in the heart of Scotland, with a number of the key locations on the doorstep of our base in Linlithgow.
- Fan-led tours for up to 14 guests, accompanied by a driver and guide
- Full Day, Two Day and Private Tours depending on your schedule
- Combining stories and details from the Outlander TV series with real history, myth, legend, and mischief to keep everyone entertained (even non-Outlander fans!)
- Beginning in Linlithgow (How do I get to Linlithgow?)
We recommend at least two days to see every filming location, but if you are short of time, our classic One Day Outlander Tour is ideal.
One day Outlander Tour:
£80 per person: Available March-October
- Wentworth Prison (Linlithgow Palace)
- Castle Leoch (Doune)
- Cranesmuir (Culross)
- Hopetoun House (Duke of Sandringham & French scenes in S2)
- Midhope Castle (Lallybroch)
- Fort William (Blackness)
Two Day Outlander Tour
£160 per person. Available March-October
- Blackness (Fort William)
- Midhope (Lallybroch)
- Hopetoun House (Duke of Sandringham & French scenes S2)
- Culross (Cranesmuir)
- Callendar House (S2)
- Linlithgow Palace (Wentworth Prison)
- Doune Castle (Castle Leoch)
- Drummond Castle Gardens (Palace of Versailles)
- Tibbermore Church (Witch Trials)
- Tullibardine Chapel (Where Rupert loses his eye)
- Falkland (Inverness)
- Dysart (Le Harve)
Outlander Tours 2018
In 2018, we are making it easier for you to choose which Outlander filming locations you would like to visit.
On Monday’s, Tuesdays and Fridays our tours will include locations from Series 1, and on Tuesdays and Thursday, our tours will include filming locations for Series 2. You can choose to join on one or more days of your choosing by checking availability below.Check availability
£350 per tour for up to 4 people. Available All Year (subject to weather)
- Exclusive private tours for up to 4 people with a driver and guide
- Bespoke itinerary based on your interests
- Combining stories and details from the Outlander TV series with real history, myth, legend and mischief to keep everyone entertained.
- Beginning in Linlithgow, Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Starting in Linlithgow saves valuable touring time which means you get to see more locations! You will be at your first stop within 5 minutes. How do I get to Linlithgow?
- Tour prices do not include Entry Fees or lunch. If you are going to be visiting Edinburgh and/or Stirling Castle it is worth considering purchasing a Scottish Heritage Pass.. There are definite savings to be made.
- Itineraries may change subject to local events.
- Hopetoun House will be closed for refurbishment from 24th September 2017. It will re-open for 2018.
- Shared tours will be cancelled if we do not have more than 3 bookings for a given date. We will notify you 48 hours before your booking if this is the case.
Disclaimer: Mary’s Meanders Outlander Tours in Scotland are inspired by Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels and the Starz TV series. They are not endorsed or in any other way supported by Starz or Diana Gabaldon.