If you’re enjoying Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels and the TV series starring Sam Heughan and Catriona Balfe, you’ll love our inspired by Outlander Tour around the romantic castles and sweeping scenery of Scotland.
Outlander Series 3, 2 and 1 have all been filmed in the heart of Scotland, with a number of the key locations on the doorstep of our base in Linlithgow.
- Full Day, Two Day and Private Tours depending on your schedule
- Premium and luxury vehicles available upon request
- For up to 15 guests in a luxury minibus with a dedicated driver
- Accompanied by an expert guide able to give you their complete attention
- Combining stories and details from the Outlander TV series with real history, myth, legend, and mischief to keep everyone entertained (even non-Outlander fans!)
- Beginning in Linlithgow (How do I get to Linlithgow?)
We recommend at least two days to see every filming location, but if you are short of time, our classic One Day Outlander Tour is ideal.
If you have any accessibility needs or need any assistance for your mobility, hearing, vision, or any other type of assistance, please let us know in advance so we can accommodate you.
Outlander Tours – One and two-day
Available March-October 2018
Book at 2017 prices for a limited period!
£80 per person, per day
In 2018, we are making it easier for you to choose which Outlander filming locations you would like to visit.
On Monday’s, Tuesdays and Fridays our tours will include locations from Option A, and on Tuesdays and Thursday, our tours will include filming locations from Option B. Itineraries may change subject to availability and local events.
Choose to join on one or two days by checking availability below.
(Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
(Tuesdays and Thursdays)
|Blackness (Fort William)||Drummond Castle Gardens (Palace of Versailles) (May - Oct only)|
|Midhope (if available)||Tibbermore Church (Witch Trials)|
|Hopetoun House (Duke of Sandringham & French scenes S2) (April-Oct)||Tullibardine Chapel (Where Rupert loses his eye)|
|Culross (Cranesmuir)||Falkland (Inverness)|
|Linlithgow Palace (Wentworth Prison)||Dysart (Le Harve)|
|Castle Leoch (Doune)|
|Book Option A||Book Option B|
Private Tours – Available all year (subject to weather)
Prices begin at £350 per day for 1 person to £390 for 4 people. Please request a quote for more than 4 people.
- Exclusive private tours for up to 4 people
- Bespoke itinerary based on your interests
- Combining stories and details from the Outlander TV series with real history, myth, legend and mischief to keep everyone entertained.
- Beginning in Linlithgow
- Starting in Linlithgow saves valuable touring time which means you get to see more locations! You will be at your first stop within 5 minutes. How do I get to Linlithgow?
- Tour prices do not include Entry Fees or lunch. If you are going to be visiting Edinburgh and/or Stirling Castle it is worth considering purchasing a Scottish Heritage Pass. There are definite savings to be made.
- Itineraries may change subject to local events.
- Hopetoun House will be closed for refurbishment from 24th September 2017. It will re-open for 2018.
- Shared tours will be cancelled if we do not have more than 3 bookings for a given date. We will notify you 48 hours before your booking if this is the case.
Disclaimer: Mary’s Meanders Outlander Tours in Scotland are inspired by Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels and the Starz TV series. They are not endorsed or in any other way supported by Starz or Diana Gabaldon.